Popular Posts

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Committing to Spiritual Health

Some of us grew up in Christian homes and have known the love of God their whole lives. Some of us are just finding God.
Those who have lived as Christians may sometimes wonder if their lifelong commitment to God is "paying off."
Based on my experience as a newcomer, it reminds me of someone who has cared for their physical health their whole live versus someone who finally makes a commitment to take care of themselves.
The person who has always been spiritually healthy may not recognize the benefits. They might think, "why did I waste all that energy exercising," "why did I avoid desserts and junk food."
They many not realize that they would have gotten cancer ten years earlier if they hadn't taken care of themselves.
They also don't realize how crappy they would have felt if they had been feeding themselves on junk rather than nutritious food.
As someone who hasn't taken care of her spiritual health until recently, I can assure you that the spiritual junk food diet is not fun. You haven't missed out on anything!
As I desperately tried to feed my spirit without God, I never felt nourished. I never felt healthy, in fact, I came close to dying.
With God's love, I am now on a healthy spiritual diet.
Like the junk food junky who changes her diet after a medical emergency caused by her unhealthy habits, I have to work diligently to stay on my new spiritual diet. I have to remember how close to death I came, how sick my soul was.

No comments:

Post a Comment